Thursday 28 January 2010

Question 3: Discuss how you will present your work.

The first thing I will do is upload my music video on to the social websites Facebook and YouTube so that I can observe the views so that i can gain an idea of who my target audience is. I will be able to do so by monitoring the comments of the viewers. After uploading the music video I will construct and circulate two types of questionnaires:

An open question and answers. This questionnaire will be given to a selected audience who are aware of the music genre ‘Funky House’ as they would be able to give a good critical analysis on editing, composition and comparison of other funk house videos.
• A multiple choice questionnaire will be circulated through a variety of people so that the feedback for my music video is not bias.

My music video will be exposed to a wide audience so I will take that opportunity to hand out my questionnaires and ask further questions. I will present my results on Microsoft Office PowerPoint. The reason in which I have chosen this strategy is because the software consists of charts and tables which will be effective in demonstrating the audience’s views on the video on a clear visual.

Open Questionnaire

1. What did you like/dislike about Tribal Man Skank?
2. What would you suggest needs editing in order to improve it?
3. Compared to the other Funky House music videos that you have watched, do you think Tribal Man Skank meets the standards of others? State the Funky House video that you are comparing.
4. Who (age, gender, occupation, interests etc) do you think would most likely enjoy this music video and why?
5. What message do you think Tribal Man Skank is projecting to you (the audience)? Is it positive/negative? State why.

Further Questions
1. Age
2. Sex
3. Occupation
4. Ethnicity
5. Education
6. Interests



Multiple Choice Questionnaires

1. Why do you watch music videos?

□ To get a better feel of the lyrics of a song □ To Calm down □ To be entertained □ To get in the know


2. Do you like the editing in music videos; using shaky camera work, with quick zooms in and out, at the performance parts if the video?
□ Yes □ No

3. Do you think editing enhances the music video?
□ Yes □ No

4. What is you gender?
□ Male □ Female

Age

□ 12-15 □ 16-18 □ 20-25 □26-30 □31+

5. What is your favourite music video?

6. Do you think the pace of the filming is suitable for the music video?
□ Yes □ No

7. What source of media do you use to watch music videos?
□ Television □ Internet □ MP4 □ Other

8. What genre of music do you enjoy?
□ Metal □ Pop □R&B □ Hip Hop □ Indie
□ Techno □ Soca □Bashment □Funky House □ Slow jams




Audience Feedback

Open Questionnaire Response

1. What did you like/dislike about Tribal Man Skank?
I liked the theme of stereotypes of school children and teachers. I enjoyed the storyline.

2. What would you suggest needs editing in order to improve it?
The cheorography needs to be in time with the music.

3. Compared to the other Funky House music videos that you have watched, do you think Tribal Man Skank meets the standards of others? State the Funky House video that you are comparing.
No, because it needs more scenes.

4. Who (age, gender, occupation, interests etc) do you think would most likely enjoy this music video and why?
Young, black, students that like Funky House.

5. What message do you think Tribal Man Skank is projecting to you (the audience)? Is it positive/negative? State why.
Don't listen to the teacher jus SKANK!!! (dance)

Further Questions
1. Age- 17
2. Sex- Female
3. Occupation- Student
4. Ethnicity- Black/African
5. Education-College
6. Interests- Dance and sing

The audience feedback which I received has provided me with an insight on how to make improvements in order to enhance my media products. Amazingly for my media products, they were all flawless except for my music video.

From the questionnaires which I handed out, I found that my target group and general audience find a fault in my editing. They said that the towards the end of my music video, the pace of the video was not in sync with the sound track. I received the same feedback from Facebook.

When creating my music video I found it difficult to sync the action of the film to the sound because if I had chosen to cut the film in Premiere Pro there would be no footage for the audience to see. To make my music video more appealing to my target audience I will re -shoot the dancing scene so that I will have more footage to cut effeciently

No comments:

Post a Comment