Friday 20 November 2009

Deconstructing Myself!!!

As the only female sibling living amongst an older and younger brother, my interests vary from a wide spectrum of things from; athletics, modelling, poetry, football, Motor GP, Eastenders, Waterloo Road, computer/games and mobile phones.

On the sporty side of things, my interest is athletics because I'm a 400m runner. So I tend to engage myself in such areas by reading the news papers, watching the news and looking at videos on YouTube. However my initial interest is expanded by my older brother who loves cars preferably 'Porsche and Mercedes' any vehicle that generates speed and power enough to give him a thrill of his lifetime. He spends hours watching Felipe Massa racing lap by lap without feeling a bit tedious. When I sit with him, he explains the techniques and pure talent of the drivers and the great risks which they take every time they step foot into their fast cars. As an athlete i appreciate that they have to put in massive amounts of training and dedication in order to achieve their goals of being world champions. Which do too so that I can be a top 400m runner.

Where soaps are concerned, my little brother lives within the screen of our huge television. He announces the time at which these soaps begin and end he also makes sure that my eyes are glued to the screen and that I'm deadly silent. I always wonder about his enthusiasm and his undivided attention to these soaps, until he simply explained it to me. His reasons are that his college hours are long and he needs something to amuse him and he fancies on of the young actresses from 'Eastenders'. He said that he also finds it interesting how the media can exaggerate a simple stereo type and make them stand out in situations which they wouldn't mostly.

Technology wise, its a massive competition between the three of us, to see who's got the phone with the best features and who can maintain it longer. It might seem very childish but i love a challenge, especially when i win. The boys don't seem to take care of their phones very well as they always lose them. Keeping up with technology isn't just a competition under neath my roof but also at my 6Th form. I find myself staring, wishing and wanting every new phone i see on the T-Mobile bill boards at the train stations or at the bus stops. Having a high tech phone has made me more aware of the advertisements in the metro. I saw a deal on the new Blackberry which is cheaper that my current price plan. I'm not too amused by that at all.

Modelling and poetry are both things that Ive enjoyed as a young girl and i still do them in my spare time. However my best friend keeps me in form and up to date with gossip and some of her life stories which i write about sometimes. I always get phone calls from her about the latest high heels and the mini dresses which we can both buy to create a scene. Dressing up excites me a lot so I look out for new dresses and shoes on the Internet and sometimes magazines if I'm up for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment